Sillyer n GeorG

April 14, 2008

舊曆生日的慶祝活動

1st of April is the famous April's Fool day, it was also my honey's lunar birthday this year. Normally, it would be a day of family dinner as we would celebrate with GeorG’s twin brother together! But this year, the family birthday dinner was scheduled on 29th as Bro Dennis suggests.

In order to keep the day special, i decide to prepare a nice dinner for him. During the afternoon, i think hard and aim to make a seafood dinner for him as GeorG loves seagood. However, there wasn't much choice as time is a restriction, by the time i arrived home after buying the ingredients from supermarket, it might already be late, and so my choice could only be limited to seafood dish which require the least preparation time :p

So basically clams and shells are not my cup of tea as it takes time to 吐沙. But I also wont consider crab, fish and lobster as I don't know how to tackle them…hahaa….so it seems the easiest and quickest seafood is 白灼蝦, but other than 白灼蝦, what else i can make?? Well, I remember last time I read from Paroni’s blog that there is 白灼東風螺! She said they are tasty and not expensive. So I quickly search over the Net and find the 東風螺 preparation method, it seems that ppl adopt different ways in cleaning the東風螺, some use salt to soak for 2+ hours to overnight, some use 生粉 to polish them (like washing oyster)…without a definite answer, I then call Paroni to explore more! Oh she said she would soak them in salty water for 2+ hours…oh…that means I cannot make this dish la as I don't have 2 hours to spend … sob sob…

Because of all these reasons, I then give up my seafood dinner planning, and decide to buy buy quality of steak as dinner…hahaaa…

But life is not always following your wish :p When I go to TASTE after work, I first run to the fridge to select steak. On my way to buy vege, I walk pass the seafood stall. 海鮮檔個姐姐猛叫我幫佢買蝦, 因為賣唔去無得放工…我心諗牛扒加白灼蝦都 ok la! 所以就幫襯咗一斤 (都要 $48 一斤 ga). While I m waiting 姐姐 to pack the shrimps, I see a small basket of 東風螺. 口多多的我問個姐姐東風螺點整 ga? 點知兩位海鮮檔姐姐 (include the one packing my shrimp)極度 enthusiastic 咁話 “Hey, 好易搞 ga-ja! 攞張百潔布”省”吓d東風螺, 就好乾淨 ga la.” 聽佢咁講, 又好似好信得過咁. 兩位海鮮檔姐姐見我有d興趣, 猛落咀頭叫我要埋佢 (therefore they can off to work earlier :p). Well, after some bargain (the original listed price is $38 一斤, weighted at $46.8 for this basket of 東風螺), they sold to me at $40...hoohoo…). 結果我就將d steak 放回原來的位置, 買咗 seafood for dinner la.

When I return home, I follow 海鮮檔姐姐’s advice using 百潔布省吓d東風螺, I then combined with the methods shared from Internet, i.e. add some 生粉 to 搞吓佢哋, 見仲有d 時間, 就再用d salty water soak them…I think I managed to soak them for 30 minutes before I cook them. But the soaking water looks very clear indeed, seems no sand 吐出來. 集各家之 advice, the 東風螺 taste clean and fresh…hehee…Here is the 完成圖 for the dinner celebrating my honey’s lunar birthday, not bad ma:
老公回來時, 手上拿住一大束未開的花, 佢話因為佢生日, 所以送扎花比我…好搞笑….haaha…係我最喜歡的 White Lily:
How the flowers look like subsequently?
On 4 April 2008:On 5 April 2008:
On 9 April 2008:
On 10 April 2008:
on 14 April 2008 : All the flowers are withered lu :p






0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home